- This event has passed.
Organ Fairchild UPSTAIRS at Duende – Inaugural Show in The Bin Floor!
April 1 @ 7:00 pm
It’s gonna be a PARTY as Organ Fairchild breaks in the brand-new upstairs music room at Duende at Silo City!! Join us Saturday April 1 for the inaugural gig in Duende’s newest cool spot, “The Bin Floor*”
* The bin floor is the floor on top of the old grain elevators
7pm Doors / 8pm Music
$15 admission at the door
ABOUT THE BAND:
It only took 37 years!
Jam scene mainstays Joe Bellanti, Corey Kertzie and Dave Ruch met in 1983 as members of Buffalo NY Grateful Dead cover band “Wild Knights,” a group that still plays reunion shows to this day.
But it wasn’t until early 2020 that they wrote their first original music together, this time as three-piece instrumental organ trio/funky jam band Organ Fairchild.
“Go see these guys. Early and often!”
– The Sound Podcast
The debut gig was just a month before COVID shutdowns, but the horse was out of the barn and the response was immediate!
“An incredibly hot band”
– The Buffalo News
Highlights of the band’s short life to date include:
* Three-set booking at 2023 Summer Camp Music Festival
* Two sold out shows at Babeville’s Ninth Ward January 2023
* Voted New York’s top emerging band (out of 64 bands)
* Appeared on the mainstage at Borderland Music + Art Festival (Jason Isbell, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, TAUK, The Revivalists), Rochester’s Lilac Festival (w/ Anders Osborne and Jackie Greene), Lincoln Hill Farms (w/ Andy Frasco and the U.N.) and more
* Club dates across the northeast with Melvin Seals and JGB, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Sophistafunk and many others
* Worldwide release of the debut album “Brewed in Buffalo” (Fall 2021)
* Jambands.com Radio Charts Top 30 List
Individually, these veteran musicians have played with (not in support of) Bob Weir, Rob Wasserman, Robbie Krieger (The Doors), Nels Cline, Tony Rice, moe., Oteil Burbridge, Steve Kimock, Keller Williams, Strangefolk, Gibb Droll, Big Leg Emma, Juggling Suns and more.
“Three long-time veterans of the jam band scene”
– Grateful Web
But since 2020, they’ve been joined together in the pursuit of groovy tunes and juicy jams in a high-powered organ trio format.
Seriously, get ready to get down with Organ Fairchild