- This event has passed.
Mardi Gras in March ~ Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble @ The Cave
March 15 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
“Mardi Gras in March” with Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble … delivers the tastes and textures, rhythms and grooves of the Creole people of SW Louisiana, making sure you have a full-scale Mardi Gras sensory experience – rhythm, movement, and tastebud delight!!!
CREOLE MUSIC – Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble – One of the hottest Louisiana Zydeco acts you could ever set your eyes, ears, and toes on
ZYDECO DANCE – Survival Zydeco Dance Lesson will be offered from 7 to 7:30 for folks who want to learn the basics of this exciting Louisiana rooted partner dance
CURLEY TAYLOR & ZYDECO TROUBLE
Curley Taylor and his band, Zydeco Trouble, bring their unique sound all the way from Creole country, Grand Coteau Louisiana! Get those dancing shoes ready for Curley’s soulful, bluesy vocals and the band’s hard driving zydeco grooves! Their unique style of zydeco and blues will keep you dancing well into the night.
CURLEY TAYLOR VIDEO PREVIEWS:
• ‘LIVE’ @ Festival International – www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YTo0ocwMY0
• WXPN’s Zydeco Crossroads – “All Night Long” – www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ9ZoLj2Nlg
• Never Gonna Give You Up – www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7n6o8cbQPU
• DATE: March 15 (Wed)
• BAND: Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble (Grand Coteau LA)
• LOCATION: The Cave ~ 71 Military Rd, Buffalo, NY 14207
• TIME: 7:00 – Zydeco Dance lesson // 7:30 – It’s Show Time!!
• TICKETS: $20 advance / $25 day of show
• ONLINE: www.showclix.com/event/curley-taylor-zydeco-
• INFO: (716) 310-2020 / www.thecavebuffalo.com
CURLEY TAYLOR’S MUSICAL JOURNEY: Curley Taylor has been around music all his life and started playing drums, at age 16, in his father’s band, Jude Taylor & His Burning Flames, a band deep in Louisiana Blues, Soul and Zydeco. By 25, Curley had played drums with some of Louisiana’s musical legends, including: CC Adcock, Steve Riley, John Hart, and his uncle, “L’il” Buck Senegal. For years he toured with CJ Chenier, son of the “King of Zydeco” Clifton Chenier. At 25 Curley hit the road with his own band “Zydeco Trouble” delivering Zydeco with a rich Gospel, Soul, Hip Hop-tinged sound.
Curley Taylor & Zydeco Trouble tours extensively throughout the US, playing festivals and clubs from New York to San Diego and from Florida to Seattle. Often playing to audiences who have never heard Zydeco music before, making fans wherever they go, playing major festivals across the country including Rhythm & Roots in Ninigret RI, Waterfront Blues Festival in Portland OR and Jazz Fest in New Orleans.
Curley’s bluesy, soulful vocals and the band’s hard driving Zydeco beat blend to create high-energy dance music for all audiences. Curley’s music is true to its roots in Zydeco and Blues, but contemporary enough to appeal to a broad range of music lovers.
SURVIVAL ZYDECO DANCE LESSON INCLUDED ~ Learn the hot dance from Louisiana that looks so cool & feels so good. Everything you’ll need to know to fully embrace what Curley Taylor and Zydeco Taylor will be putting out.
CHECK OUT THESE VIDEOS TO GET A FEEL OF THE POSSIBILITIES:
Dancing @ the “Zydeco Breakfast” at Café Des Amis in Louisiana
• Jeffery Broussard & The Creole Cowboys – www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlK9vWLSgt4
• Joe Hall & the Louisiana Canecutters – www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XaIxTxJRj0
• Wayne & Same Ol’ 2 Step – www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_a8CYutlaA